Thursday, January 17, 2013

all you need is love...

ahhh love....there are so many different ways to love and be loved.  over the past year of my life, i have certainly seen the ups and downs of many relationships.  some were my own relationships, and others were those of loved ones and friends.  there have been tears of joy and tears of sadness, and i've learned the truth about people i thought i knew.   i've lost treasured relationships and gained new ones because of love and the way it goes.
the truth is, relationships are work.  hard hard work.  and you have to be willing to do that work.  you have to be willing to admit when you are wrong and be gracious when you are right.  it doesn't come easy for anyone.  if anybody says differently, they're lying.  i'm not just talking marriage. i have found that even in my friendships and relationships with relatives, you have to do the same.  invest in it what you  hope to get back.  treat others the way you want to be treated.   it's that simple.   be honest and open and kind.  be fair and be respectful.  be generous and hopeful and faithful.
i'm no expert, but i certainly am a believer in real love and i know that i value the people in my life who value me.  i treasure my husband, my children, my family, and my friends.  and i'm a better person because of them.  relationships should challenge you and make you want to be the best version of yourself.   they shouldn't make you doubt who you are or the choices you make.
love is difficult, but it is all you need in this life....xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Jana Slater Photography
CoffeeShop Designs