Wednesday, December 14, 2011

On the Mend and Missing Daddy...

McKenna resting on the couch
Every night at dinner time, each member of our family shares their "high" and their "low" from the day's happenings.  It's a great way to get them talking and see what's on their minds.  Tonight it was just me and the kids for dinner, and I thought I'd share a little bit of how it went....
McKenna went first and said her high was having pancakes and sausage links for dinner.  Who can argue that, right?  Her low was that she misses her daddy.  We all do, he's pretty great...
Michael went next and said his high was also having pancakes for dinner, because to be honest, he usually copies whatever McKenna says and we remind him to think of something on his own...When pressed for an original idea, he said that his high was getting a sticker at the dr.'s office and getting McDonald's for lunch.  I can relate, I was pretty excited about the McDonald's too : )  His low was that he had a time out for being mean to his sister.
Then it was Mommy's turn.  It was tough to pick my highs and lows for today.  Usually there's one clear thing that happened but today, not so much.  One of my highs was that by dinner time, the kids were feeling much better.  Another high was that I scored a free movie rental from the Redbox because who doesn't love a good coupon, right?! Another high is that we had gorgeous weather yet again, not too hot and not too cold with a nice breeze and the sun shining.
Then there were my lows....First low is easy.  McKenna tested positive for flu.  Second low is simple.  Gary is gone and I miss him every single minute of the day.  But my third low takes the cake, I think.  While getting a prescription filled at Walmart today, I pushed the kids up and down the aisles in the stroller.  We go down the shampoo aisle and McKenna starts looking around and says to me, "Mommy, you know what you should ask  Santa for Christmas?  A new hairstyle."
Great.  Even my 6 year old thinks I need a makeover.    Merry Christmas to me!

Michael is looking and feeling so much better



Our drug supply, thank you Lord for the Tamiflu and Albuterol...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Jana Slater Photography
CoffeeShop Designs